Make Healthy Normal
The NSW government is running a pubic health campaign that asks people to question their normal. The campaign is focused on a healthy weight to ward off chronic diseases such as heart disease, cancer, stroke and type 2 diabetes. Their goal is for people to make healthy normal.
I thought this campaign was brilliant! In today’s fast paced world, it is easy to lose sight of those things, such as your weight, sleep, and energy levels, that provide real indication of your health status. Some changes are due to the normal aging process but others are manageable if we take the time to notice and act on them.
So I ask that you take stock of you current health status. For example:
- Are you getting quality sleep? A better question might be do you wake refreshed most mornings?
- Do you have the energy you need to get through the day, the whole day?
- Do you feel bloated and/or tired after eating?
- Do you have brain fog?
- Do you manage your stress levels?
- Do you exercise regularly?
- Are you at your healthy weight?
- Are you getting regular blood tests to make sure key risk indicators, such as fasting blood sugar, cholesterol, iron, vitamin B12, vitamin D, etc are at optimal ranges?
If you answered “no” to any of these questions, then you may have created a less than healthy normal.
If you have taken the time to read this (and I thank you for that!), then take the time to put measures in place to make healthy normal. Maybe the changes are small, maybe it is time for an overhaul. Regardless, you are now aware, let’s act on it!
Having someone guide you through changes for improved health can make all the difference. We can identify the goals, ensure you have the tools you need and then have regular check ins to make sure you are on track. Finally, we make sure you have a workable long term plan for maintaining your healthy normal without my guidance and support.
Drop me a line to get started on making healthy normal again for you! My clinic is located in New Lambton in Newcastle, NSW.